Winter Term 2019: October 15, 2018
NOTE: The School in Cortona can only admit a maximum of 50 students per term. Admissions are done on a first-come, first-served basis and may cut off before the published deadline.
Students from all Faculties, programs and institutions are welcome to apply. To be eligible for admission to the School in Cortona, you:
- Must submit the application and reference form (see Application Information for further details)
- Must present an admission GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0
- The AGPA is calculated on all university transferable coursework completed in the most recent two terms of study if they contain a minimum of ★24. If those two terms contain less than ★24, all work in the next most recent term(s) is included in the calculation until the minimum total of ★24 is reached.
- Must be in satisfactory academic standing
- Must meet normal, published admission requirements to the Faculty of Arts, including English Language Proficiency requirements (for students from countries where the principal language is not English)
- Must have successfully completed a minimum 24 units of course weight (ucw) from a recognized post-secondary institution before the term you wish to attend. We encourage you to apply before these courses as completed.
- Must NOT be enrolled in full-year courses (if applying for Winter Term)
- Must NOT be enrolled in Open Studies at the UAlberta (for Winter only). Because the School in Cortona requires a minimum course load of 9 ucw in the Winter term, Open Studies students are not eligible.