- Examines the scientific, cultural, economic, moral, political and social dimensions of environmental issues
- Develop the expertise to identify, frame and develop solutions to some of today's most important environmental issues
- Pursue a career in law, business, economics, resource management, journalism or government as well as graduate studies. Turn your commitment to environmental sustainability into a lifelong career
Environment and Peoples of Canada
Brings together the diverse knowledge required to understand the environmental challenges facing Canadians including indigenous perspectives and issues in environmental and resource management.
Politics, Society & the Global Environment
introduces students to political and social methodologies relevant for understanding environmental issues from a global perspective.
Food & Society
Focused on sustainable food and agriculture, incorporating social, political, cultural, economic, ethical, and feminist perspectives on issues of contemporary food production.
- Policy analyst
- Environmental strategies advisor
- Environmental lawyer (requires completion of law school)
BA in Environmental Studies Program Requirements
High School Students
For those applying directly from high school or those with no post secondary background
The BA Environmental Studies program requires a minimum overall average of 80% (as this degree is competitive, space is limited and the entrance average may be higher than 80%).
- English Language Arts (ELA) 30-1
- Biology 30
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2
- Choose one of Social Studies 30-1 (Recommended) OR 30-level language other than English
- Choose one of Chemistry 30; Computer Science - Advanced Level CTS (5 credits); Mathematics 31; Physics 30; Science 30; Social Studies 30-1; 30-level language other than English
For questions on the admission process or admission and program requirements, contact email@example.com. Other questions on the BA in Environmental Studies program may be directed to Jennifer Welchman (firstname.lastname@example.org).