- UPass fees are automatically applied to your total fee calculation by the Office of the Registrar.
- Students on work terms located within the U-Pass serviceable area (Edmonton, Strathcona and St. Albert) are not eligible for exemptions to the U-Pass fee and are able to pick up their U-Pass stickers without any further documentation at one of the on campus U-Pass desks.
- Students outside the serviceable area, need to ‘opt-out’ of U-Pass to have the fee waived. If you are eligible for an exemption, notify the AWE Program office to receive an ‘Opt-out support/Proof of Exemption Eligibility form’.
- Once you receive this form you will need to go online at: https://www.registrar.ualberta.ca/opt_out_forms/ to submit your opt-out request and attach your Proof of Exemption Eligibility form with your submission.
- The U-Pass fee will then be credited back to you once the add/drop date has passed and there is no interest calculated for outstanding fees (as long as the exemption request was submitted prior to the time interest is assessed for outstanding tuition).
- Students registered in academic courses, in addition to WKEXP, cannot have fees waived regardless of where the work term is located.
*Note that exemptions cannot be made once you have picked up your U-Pass sticker. Exemption requests must be made before the end of the term.
Further information about U-Pass exemption eligibility, deadlines, etc., can be found online at: http://www.registrarsoffice.ualberta.ca/Online-Services/Forms-Cabinet.aspx