Eligibility: Click here to see the complete calendar entry. To be eligible for the Planning Internship Program, students must have completed their third year in the BA Planning Major, HGP 310 and 315 (or equivalent) and present a minimum 2.3 GPA. Internships are 4, 8 or 12 months in duration and begin in September, January or May. Students who complete a cumulative total of 8 to 12 months of work experience are required to participate in a capstone course (INT D 401) in the semester immediately following completion of their work experience term.
Information Session: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 5-6 p.m., Tory 3-57
- The minimum requirement to receive a Work Experience Program designation on a student's parchment is successful completion of eight months of work experience (WKEXP 801 and 802) plus the capstone course (INT D 401).
- Once Planning Internship students have completed INT D 401 they are no longer eligible to apply for further work terms through the Planning Internship Program.
- Although it is likely that at least one work term will occur during the fall or winter semesters, this is not a Program requirement to receive a parchment notation.
How to Apply: Submit your application and follow application instructions. From the campusBRIDGE home page, login under the "students" menu using your CCID and password. Once in, click "Arts Work Experience (AWE)" in the left hand navigation menu to be directed to the AWE application. You will be required to submit three documents:
- Statement of interest that includes the following: a description of why you want to participate in an AWE program option, and how you anticipate that it may impact your future career goals; the career, industry or employment sector(s) that you are most interested in; and the skills that you hope to develop during your work experience term(s). Please include your anticipated start date (September, January, or May) and the length of work term you hope to participate in (4, 8, 12, or 16 months). Your statement of interest should be a maximum of one page (single spaced).
- A copy of your resumé
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (downloaded from BearTracks)
Book an intake meeting with Arts Co-op Staff: After you have submitted your application, please email email@example.com to set-up an intake meeting with a Work Experience Coordinator. Please indicate your program of study (e.g. English, Psychology, Planning etc.) and 3 meeting times that work best with your schedule. The intake meeting should take approximately a half hour to complete. The purpose of the meeting is for you to learn more about work experience and for us to learn more about your employment interests and skill development goals.
Nancy Thompson, Planning Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org