There are two sets of fees associated with AWE:
1) Program and Career Education Fee - $200*
Payable once you have applied and been notified of formal acceptance to AWE. Once you have paid your Program and Career Education Fee you will be given access to pre-employment career education, and you can begin reviewing and applying for job opportunities. This fee is non refundable.
2) Tuition and mandatory non-instructional fees association for each 4 month work term (WKEXP 801, 802, 803, 804). See the U of A calendar for more information about work experience courses.
Visit the Registrar's office for the Work Experience fee schedule
Opt-in to the Athletics and Recreation Fee
Information about U-Pass Exemptions (for students on work terms outside of the serviceable transit area for Edmonton, Strathcona or St Albert).
- *Fees may vary by discipline, please contact AWE Staff for more information
- Registration in WKEXP courses maintains your full-time student status
- No degree credit (towards your *120) is assigned for work experience terms and they are marked as 'CR/NC' on your transcript.
- Arts Co-op students who complete a cumulative minimum total of 12 months of work experience receive a notation on their degree parchment.
- Discipline Specific Internship students who complete 8 months of work experience and a capstone course receive a notation on their degree parchment.