The Aquatic Centre houses two large indoor pools: the East Pool and the Winslow and Christian Hamilton Memorial Pool, commonly known as the West Pool.
Both are located in the Van Vliet Centre - one in the East Wing and one in the West Wing.
The pools are used for a wide variety of programming and are open for use by students, staff, faculty members and community members.
Hours of use
- learn-to-swim classes for children and adults
- morning fitness swim
- aquatic fitness classes
- certifications and recertifications
- PADI diving certification preparation
- Kayaking lessons and kayak roll clinic
Our vision is
To save lives through the teaching of water safety, learn to swim programs, and lifesaving programs.
Our Mission is
To create excitement about aquatic sports and activities through educational experiences.
Our Values are
- To engender excitement, enjoyment, and energy in the water
- To offer high quality instructional activities delivered by certified instructors
- To promote healthy, active lifestyle through aquatic activities
- To provide safe, fun environments for participants to discover the world of aquatics
W1-75 Van Vliet Centre
University of Alberta