Varsity Health

Insurance Requirements for Health & Dental

All Golden Bears and Pandas Varsity Student-Athletes are required to hold:

- a Health Care Plan (Provincial or International), and

- a Supplemental Health & Dental Insurance Plan

With a valid (provincial or International) health care plan, you show your health care card in any Canadian province in order to receive coverage.  Health care coverage does not provide any reimbursement for services that aren't considered medically necessary; coverage is generally only extended for emergencies.   Athletes are required to pay all invoices or bills that don't meet the requirements of the health care plan.