PROGRAM: The Golden Bears Football Academy has successfully developed the skills and abilities of football players in Alberta. The Academy focuses on fundamental skill development progressions delivered by experienced coaches. Many graduates of the Academy go onto play football at the post-secondary (USport, CJFL) level including going on to the CFL.
The program will run on Sundays starting in January and continues until March. There will be a total of eight sessions with each session being 90 minutes in length.
Levels: Minor Football (players entering Grades 6 to 9 in September 2019) and High School (player entering grades 10 to 12 in September 2019)
• Call the U of A Customer Service Centre 780-492-2231
• or visit www.activityreg.ualberta.ca
Positions: All Positions: QB, REC, OL, RB, DL, LB and DB
Where: Foote Field (Dome) - U of A South Campus: 11601 68th Avenue, Edm, AB
Equipment: Participants are required to provide and wear certified helmets, shoulder pads, pants, thigh pads, knee pads, girdle and mouth guards.
Contact: This is a contact academy. Athletes will be participating in controlled contact drills during the academy.
Session Date Time
• 1 Sunday, Jan 13 1:30 - 3:00 PM
• 2 Sunday, Jan 20 6:00 - 7:30 PM
• 3 Sunday, Jan 27 12:30 - 2:00 PM
• 4 Sunday, Feb 3 12:30 - 2:00 PM
• 5 Sunday, Feb 10 12:30 - 2:00 PM
• 6 Sunday, Feb 24 12:30 - 2:00 PM
• 7 Sunday, Mar 3 12:30 - 2:00 PM
• 8 Sunday, Mar 10 12:30 - 2:00 PM
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Program Coordinator/ Assistant Coach
Football Office 780-492-8468