For your convenience, one stop recycling stations can be found all over campus. Wondering where to recycle paper? Plastics? Light-metals? You can dispose of all these items through our one-stream recycling system. Remember:
- Read Labels to make sure you are putting your recycling in the correct container.
- Reduce bin contamination by cleaning your dirty containers before recycling.
- What can I recycle? (PDF)
Polystyrene Reduction Strategy
Our Campus is acting on the environmental and health concerns of polystyrene, more commonly referred to as Styrofoam, and has endorsed the Green Campus Committee’s motion to limit and/or eliminate polystyrene and styrene use on campus.
The approach will be holistic in nature and address other issues, such as the use of all disposable products and the proper disposal of polystyrene.
- Establish re-useable dishware incentives in the café
- Host a waste reduction campaign for faculty, staff and students
- Distribute an information letter, requesting suppliers to no longer ship with polystyrene and to encourage high-density packaging practices.
- Contain polystyrene that does arrive on campus for responsible disposal, i.e. recycling.
For staff and faculty: When making orders or booking catering companies, please send one of the following letters to the supplier to provide more information on Augustana's polystyrene reduction strategy:
Generic Information Letter (PDF)
Information Letter for General Purchases (PDF)
Information Letter for Catering Companies (PDF)
Outdoor Bins are placed around campus, allowing students, employees and visitors to recycle beverage containers, mixed recyclables, and garbage.
Battery Bin Locations
Green or brown Battery Bin recycling stations can be found all over campus. Find your closest receptacle:
- First Year Dorms Entrance
- Second Year Residence Dish
- 2nd Floor of the Library
- 2nd Floor of Faith & Life
- Classroom Building and Science Extension
- Technology and Learning Services
- Facilities and Operations
It now costs less for students to print double-sided! Rather than 10¢ per side, it now costs 5¢ for the second side of a double-sided print job. A win-win: save money while cutting paper consumption in half! How do I print double-sided?
The Bookstore provides re-usable bags to customers rather than plastic bags. Think about how much plastic is now being diverted from the landfill. Please remember to take your re-usable bags along with you when you do your errands!