Step 1: Confirm Course Registration with your Admissions Advisor
Please try enrolling in courses on your own prior to contacting your Admissions Advisor. Remember — we are here to help so after you have registered in courses, please touch base with us so that we can confirm you are setting yourself up for success!
If you are a transfer student from another post-secondary institution and have received more than 6 transfer credits, please email an Academic Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your course registration.
Step 2: Pay Your Tuition & Fees
- Check the
Cost, Tuition, Fees menu at the Registrar's Office website for more information on how and when to pay your fees.
- Make sure to pay your tuition and fees by the deadline to avoid penalty fees. Deadlines are listed in the Calendar and on the Registrar’s Office website.
- Fee payment options include online or telephone banking, UAlberta’s Interac Service, credit card (via Plastiq), Western Union Global Pay, by cheque, or by money order.
- Tuition fees for each semester must be paid by the deadlines:
- September 30th for the Fall Term
- January 31st for the Winter Term
Step 3: Make Sure to Apply for Residence & Awards
Step 4: Complete Admission Requirements
- Check your Bear Tracks “To Do List” for information on outstanding admission requirements. Make sure to submit all requirements by the deadlines listed!
Step 5: eClass - Get Ready for U!
- After registering in courses, you will be given access to an online orientation series. These online orientation modules will provide you with everything that you need to prepare for university, prior to arriving on campus! We will be sending you instructions on how to access these modules in the coming month(s). Ensure you are watching your UAlberta provided email address!
Step 6: Arrive on campus at the start of term
- First year residence move-in will take place on August 25, 2019. Campus registration and orientation will take place the following day on August 26, 2019.
- If you will be studying on a post-secondary study permit, your move-in date will be August 20, 2019. There will be specific orientation sessions scheduled prior to campus registration and your First Year Seminar.
- Buy your books at the Augustana Bookstore (or Used Bookstore on campus) and get ready to attend classes! Your First Year Seminar will begin on August 27th! All other Fall classes will start on August 29th!
- New and used textbooks can be purchased on campus once you are attending Augustana. We recommend waiting to purchase textbooks until after you have attended your first class to hear what options you will have for textbooks.
New textbooks will be available in the bookstore while used textbooks can be found in the used bookstore on campus, through current students, the Augustana used-book buy and sell, and/or the Augustana used book Facebook page
Step 7: Meet your Academic Advisors
- Once you officially begin your courses at Augustana, you will be working with our Academic Advisors for future course registration. If you would like to add/drop courses or have any inquiries about enrolling in courses, please book an appointment at email@example.com. You can find our Academic Advisors on the second floor of Founders’ Hall in the Learning, Advising, Beyond Office.
- To learn more about your new advisors, visit their page online.
As you already know, Augustana’s term is broken into a 3-week session at the start of the term followed by an 11-week session. Due to the condensed nature of the 3-week courses, you should plan to arrive on campus prior to the start of the term to avoid missing an insurmountable amount of course material. If you are unable to arrive on campus by the first day of classes, you must contact your Admissions Advisor as soon as possible!