Step 1: Confirm Course Registration with your Admissions Advisor
Please try enrolling in courses on your own prior to contacting your Admissions Advisor. Remember — we are here to help so after you have registered in courses, please touch base with us so that we can confirm you are setting yourself up for success!
Need an Enrolment Verification Letter?
You can print an Enrolment Verification letter from Bear Tracks. To do this, go to Academics > My Academics > Verification Documents. Then click on the checkbox beside “Enrolment Verification” to see the verification document options and select the document of choice. Ensure that “Undergraduate” populated the drop down menu below “Academic Career” and the select appropriate year from the drop down menu. It will show both Fall and Winter Terms. You can then print the document, which is on University of Alberta letterhead and has the Registrar's signature.
Step 2: Pay Your Tuition & Fees
- Check the
Cost, Tuition, Fees menu at the Registrar's Office website for more information on how and when to pay your fees.
- Make sure to pay your tuition and fees by the deadline to avoid penalty fees. Deadlines are listed in the Calendar and on the Registrar’s Office website.
- Fee payment options include online or telephone banking, UAlberta’s Interac Service, credit card, Western Union Global Pay, by cheque, or by money order.
- Tuition fees for each semester must be paid by the deadlines:
- September 30, 2020 for the Fall Term
- January 29, 2021 for the Winter Term
Step 3: Make Sure to Apply for Residence & Awards
Step 4: Complete Admission Requirements
- Check your UAlberta Launchpad “Checklist” for information on outstanding admission requirements. Make sure to submit all requirements by the deadlines listed!
Step 5: My UAlberta app
- Download the MyUAlberta App today: Your one-stop-shop for everything on campus! Includes maps, information on Augustana services/resources and even message boards. Download in the App Store or get it on Google Play. The newly designed app also has specific information for new students, which will be updated for you after this current academic year, so be sure to check it out as you arrive on campus!
- On the "My Campus" page, be sure to select "Augustana Campus"
Step 6: Arrive on Campus at the Start of Term
- First year residence move-in will take place on August 23, 2020. Campus registration will take place the following day on August 24, 2020.
- If you will be studying on a post-secondary study permit, your move-in date will be August 18 and 19, 2020. There will be specific orientation sessions scheduled prior to campus registration and your First Year Seminar.
- Many courses increasingly require students to have regular access to a computer for assignments and other course activities, and there will be limited access to shared computing devices on campus. As such, we strongly recommend that you bring a computer to university to maximize your potential for success. View the recommended minimum specifications for a computer (PDF, opens in new window).
- Buy your books at the Augustana Bookstore (or Used Bookstore on campus) and get ready to attend classes! Your First Year Seminar will begin on August 25, 2020!
- New and used textbooks can be purchased on campus once you are attending Augustana. We recommend waiting to purchase textbooks until after you have attended your first class to hear what options you will have for textbooks.
New textbooks will be available in the bookstore while used textbooks can be found in the used bookstore on campus, through current students, the Augustana used-book buy and sell, and/or the Augustana used book Facebook page
As you already know, Augustana’s term is broken into a 3-week block at the start of the term followed by an 11-week session. Due to the condensed nature of the 3-week courses, you should plan to arrive on campus prior to the start of the term to avoid missing an insurmountable amount of course material. If you are unable to arrive on campus by the first day of classes, you must contact your Admissions Advisor as soon as possible!