Once you know the courses you need to take, you can create a draft schedule in Schedule Builder on your Bear Tracks account.
Use Schedule Builder to create your timetable
- Click on
Fall Term 2019
- All courses offered at the Augustana Campus are grouped together in the drop-down menu alphabetically starting with "AU".
The following example shows how to add AUENG 102 to your schedule: Start by adding AUIDS 101 to your schedule as this is a required course for your first semester at Augustana. Once this is complete, please add the Fall Term courses you are required to take for your major/minor.
- You can enter the course number if you are looking for a specific course. If you want to see all the 100-level courses offered, only enter a “1” in the
Course Number box.
- The “Show Open Courses Only” box will automatically be selected. If you want to see all offered courses (with seats available and full), you will have to deselect this option.
- Take a look at the offered courses that match your search criteria for the course you want. Some courses are offered Monday/Wednesday/Friday (MWF); others are offered Tuesday/Thursday (TR). Other options exist as well!
You can also see if a course is a 3-week or 11-week course by looking at the section numbers. If a section number starts with a 1, it is an 11-week course. If a section number starts with a 3, it is a 3-week course.
You can also look at the “Meeting Dates” to determine how many weeks it takes to complete a course. Remember, you can only enroll in one (3 credit) three-week course and a maximum of four (3 credit) eleven-week courses each term.
- Pay attention to the course status; all courses will be listed as “Open”, “Full”, “Cancelled”, or “Closed”. Courses open to enrolment will have a green circle beside them.
- Select the course section you wish to add to your schedule and click
ADD. If you want to receive a notification if one of the full courses becomes available, you can select the course and hit
- Once you have added a course to your "Schedule Builder", you will see how the course fits into your schedule. The course will also be listed below your draft schedule with further information. If a class appears on the right side of the day (like below), it is an 11-week course. If it appears on the left side, it is a 3-week course. Two adjacent courses may look like the times are overlapping but they run during different parts of the term.
Note: If you add AUIDS 101 to your schedule, it will not appear as a colored course in your schedule builder. This is because, as previously mentioned in Step 1, Part C, you will choose your FYS topic choices and be placed in one of them once your choice has been received and processed.
Search to begin adding another course.
- Again, find the next course you want under the appropriate heading and click “Search”.
- For Science courses, most of these have 2 sections—a lecture (LEC) and a lab (LAB). You must enrol in both parts of the course.
- You can only select one section of the course at a time. In this example, the lecture is selected first. Proceed by clicking “Add” to add the lecture to your schedule builder.
Bear Tracks will automatically prompt you to add the LAB section of the course. Again, pay attention to the status, as some may already be full.
- Select the LAB you want to add and click
- If you can see there is a time conflict in the schedule try to reschedule the section of the class with a time conflict.
- Select the class you want to change and delete from "Schedule Builder".
- Now, go through the same process of re-adding the course by first searching the course, then adding the section that will not conflict with another course.
- Once you have successfully scheduled five courses into the “Fall Term”, check off all your courses and click on the
- If your course schedule does not have any time conflicts and does not exceed the allowable number of credits per term, there will be a green checkmark beside each course. If there are any issues with your draft schedule, such as not meeting pre/co-requisites, you will be notified.
- Once your schedule for the Fall Term is built, click "Change Term" to go through the same process for the Winter Term.
- When building your Winter Term schedule, you may run across time conflicts that require you to switch some courses from the Winter Term to the Fall Term. Use the Augustana Course List Tool to help you find courses that are offered in both terms.
- Once you have finished building both your Fall and Winter Term schedules, you are ready to complete your registration by enrolling in the courses in your "Schedule Builder." Once you have enrolled in courses, you will see them appear in your "My Class Schedule".
Building a draft timetable in "Schedule Builder" is not your final registration! On your enrolment date (April 1), you will be able to complete your registration by enrolling in the classes in your "Schedule Builder." Once you have enrolled in courses, you will see them appear in your "My Class Schedule".
If you are struggling to create your draft first-year schedule, use our First-Year Recommended Course Sheets, according to your program:
Step 4: Check Enrolment Dates