- The requirements listed below are for high school applicants, or applicants with fewer than 24 transferable credits.
- If you are a Non-Matriculated ("Mature") Student (will be 21 or older before the first day of classes), or a transfer student, please contact the Prospective Students Office.
- If you are from a province other than Alberta, please review the Provincial Subject Equivalents.
Competitive admission means that the admission average is subject to change based on the academic achievement of the students applying each year. Last year’s admission average can be a good indicator for the current year, but you can contact the Admissions office to ask about the most up-to-date admission averages.
For admission, students must present a minimum 70% average (with no marks below 50%) in FIVE grade 12 subjects as follows:
- English 30-1
- Three of the following subjects
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2
- Math 31
- Physics 30
- Science 30
- Computer Science (Adv, 5 credits)
- Social Studies 30-1
- A 30-Level Language other than English
- An Approved Fifth Grade 12 Subject Any 5-credit subject, or two 3-credit subjects, other than Work Experience or Special Projects.
NOTE - Some majors require specific prerequisites for admission. See the program pages to the left for these specific prerequisites.