- Social Studies 30-1
- 30-level Language other than English (See notes 1, 2, 3, 5)
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Computing Science (Adv, 5 credits)
- Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2
- Mathematics 31
- Physics 30
- Science 30 (See note 5)
- Applied Graphic Arts 35
- Art 30
- Art 31
- Dance 35
- Drama 30
- Music 30 (Choral, Instrumental, or General)
- Music 35
- Musical Theatre 35
- Performing Arts 35 A, B, or C (See notes 4,5)
- Physical Education 30
- Other Option courses
- Any one of French 31A, 31B, 31C, French Language Arts 20 or 30, Français 20 or 30, or 33, are considered to be equivalent to French 30 for admission purposes. In the case of French Language Arts 30, Français 30, and French 31A, 31B, and 31C, advanced placement may be granted upon application.
- Blackfoot Language and Culture 30, Cree Language and Culture 30, German 30 or 31, Italian 30, Japanese Language and Culture 30, Latin 30, Spanish 30, Ukrainian 30, Ukrainian Language Arts 20 or 30, meet the Language other than English requirement. There are many other 35-level, locally developed languages which may also be used to meet the Language other than English requirement; however, applicants presenting one of these may be required to complete a proficiency test administered by the University before the course will be accepted for admission purposes.
- Applicants wishing to present a language other than one of those presented at the Grade 12 level in Alberta should contact the Admissions Division, Office of the Registrar.
- Equivalents of Music 30: Conservatory Canada, Grade 8 Practical and Grade IV Theory; Royal Conservatory of Music of Toronto, Grade 8 Practical, Grade II Theory, Mount Royal College, Grade 8 Practical and Grade II Theory. Documents must be presented to Alberta Learning for evaluation.
- The Grade 12 subjects listed above are based on the Alberta Learning curriculum and nomenclature. Prospective students from other provinces and territories should request out-of-province equivalencies from the Office of the Registrar and Student Awards, or visit our website at www.registrar.ualberta.ca