Registration & Administration
Registration & Administration
The camp I would like to register my child in is full. How do I get added to a waiting list?
Please email your request to the Program Coordinator at email@example.com or phone 780-679-1502. You will be contacted if a spot opens up.
Our summer plans have changed and my child can no longer attend camp. What can I do?
Please email our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-679-1502. We are able to transfer campers between camps as long as the camp has not yet begun and there is space in another camp. Otherwise, see our Cancellation & Refund Policy at the bottom of this page.
Do you offer bursaries for Summer Camps?
Not yet - but we hope to soon! We are currently seeking community partnerships that will allow us to offer a number of bursaries for our Summer Camps. If you, or someone you know, would like to make a donation to Augustana and provide summer camp access to those in need, please contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com or 780-679-1502.
Are camps tax deductible?
Yes, the University of Alberta camps qualify as a deductible child-care expense. Keep your receipt/registration confirmation to claim on your income tax return.
More information about Child Care Expenses can be found here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns206-236/214/menu-eng.html
When will I receive an official tax receipt for my camp?
If you register and pay online, your official tax receipt will be automatically generated and emailed to you (check your SPAM filter).
What are your day camp hours?
DiscoverE Science Camps run from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM.
Outdoor Education camps (Adventurers, Tiny Trekkers, and Wild Tech) run from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Do you provide Before and After care?
DiscoverE Science Camps offer early drop-off from 8:00-8:30 AM and late pick-up from 4:00–5:00 PM for DiscoverE campers free of charge. You must pre-register if taking advantage of DiscoverE early drop-off and late pick-up.
*Please note that there is no early drop off on the first day of camp due to First Day Sign-In.
**Please be aware that if you are later than 5:00pm when picking up your child, a $25 late charge will apply.
Do you provide lunch?
Not at this time (although we are looking into offering an optional boxed lunch program - check back for more info). Please pack your child a nutritious lunch and snacks as they will be active and will need the fuel!
My child has special abilities and special needs. Can they participate in Summer Camps?
Please contact the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work with you to accommodate your child. In most cases, we will be able to work with parents to provide an enjoyable experience for the camper. In more severe cases, parents may be required to send a teaching aide to accompany the camper.
What happens if my child becomes sick while at camp?
In order to ensure the health and safety of our campers and staff, we will send sick campers home. Any camper displaying flu-like symptoms including headache, chills, cough, followed by fever, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, muscle aches and fatigue, runny nose, watery eyes and sore throat may be asked to leave camp. When symptoms are first noticed, the instructors will notify the parent/guardian so that they can arrange for pick-up. If the camper returns to camp the following day and continues to display symptoms of a contagious flu virus, we will phone the parent/guardian and ask them to remove the camper and withdraw from camp for the remainder of the week.
What happens if I’m going to be late dropping my child off in the morning?
Please go to the Information Desk in the Forum (the same place that you signed your child in on Day 1). There is a phone at the Information Desk. Please dial ‘0’ and ask to be transferred to the External Relations Office. External Relations will contact a camp staff member to pick up your child and bring them to their camp activity. Note: You must remain with your child at the Information Desk until your child has been picked up by a camp staff member
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
Youth Summer DAY Camp Policy
Terms & Conditions
Registration is required 2 working days prior to the program start date at which time all fees must be paid for in full. Late registrations may be considered. Registrants will not be allowed to attend until the balance is paid in full. The signing of a waiver/acknowledgement of risk form will be required by all participants.
Changes to registration are subject to a 25% administrative fee.
For additional information about registrations, cancellation, waivers, or refunds please contact us prior to registering for a program.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Notice of all cancellations must be received in writing by e-mail and are subject to the following conditions:
- Cancellations should be received 5 business days prior to program start date.
- Cancellations prior to this date will result in refund of amount paid, less a 25% administrative fee.
- Cancellations received 5 or less business days prior to start of each program is subject to a fee equivalent to 75% of the registration fee.
- There is a “no show, no refund” policy in effect.
- In cases of illness or injury, a full refund will be paid, less a 25% administrative fee, and a prorated fee for any days of the program attended, when accompanied by a doctor’s note.
- Weather cancellations: Due to the changing nature of local weather, every attempt will be made to ensure a program runs, which may result in a last-minute decision to cancel a program. Please dress appropriately for the weather, as programs run in all weather.
- No refunds will be issued if a participant is asked to leave a program due to; undisclosed medical, physical or mental condition which affects the safety of the group or the participant, preventing or interfering with another participant’s experience, threats, bullying, harassment, intimidation, abuse, fighting, being under the influence of, or in possession of, drugs or alcohol, vandalizing or abusing equipment, disregard of program safety guidelines or policies, or possession or use of weapons or harmful objects.
- If the event is cancelled by our office a full refund will be issued.