Dates: Check back for 2018 dates
Pre-trip Meeting: Check back for 2018 dates
Cost: $295 + GST
Transportation in Augustana vehicle: $40 per person
Join us on this historic waterway for a relaxed yet fun filled weekend. A perfect introduction to canoe tripping. We will bring all canoe & group equipment, tents, tarps, kitchen equipment, experienced guides and all meals. Sign up to meet new people, or bring a friend. Some canoe experience required.
The North Saskatchewan River near Rocky Mountain House offers both calm, beautiful water with stunning scenery yet enough whitewater to have fun if you want it. We will handle all the logistics and food prep before the trip, you join us at the river. While on trip, our staff will take the lead on meal preparation and clean-up with assistance from the group. During our pre-trip meeting we will discuss personal equipment needs, waterproofing of gear, preparing for the weather, logistics and determine what section of the river meets the group’s skill level and goals.
Some canoe experience is required prior to the trip. We suggest attending one of our Lake Canoe skills sessions if you have never canoed, it has been a while, or you are feeling unsure of your skill level. If you have any questions about your skills or physical ability for the trip, please ask us prior to booking, as no refunds will be offered if skills or physical fitness are determined to be insufficient to safely navigate the river.
Please note that you will need to sign a waiver at the pre-trip meeting.
Printable list & FAQs (PDF)
- Sleeping bag (good to at least -5C)
- Sleeping Mat
- Hat & Toque
- gloves or mitts
- 1 pair dish gloves (keeps water off of gloves/mitts while canoeing)
- Durable raincoat and pants
- socks (4 pairs – wool or similar)
- wind breaker and wind pants
- long sleeve wool or polypropylene shirts (2 if possible)
- wool or polypropylene long-johns (2 if possible)
- Wool or fleece jackets / sweaters (2)
- T-shirts (2-3)
- wool or fleece pants
- underwear (as needed)
- swimsuit & small towel
- Sturdy runners or walking shoes (no flip flops)
- Watershoes - old runners are best (no sandals or crocs) or rubber boots or ‘Muck’ style boots
- High Energy High Nutrition Snacks
- Sunscreen, lip balm & bug spray, basic toiletries
- toilet paper (in ziplock bag & small hand sanitizer)
- reusable (1 litre) water bottles (1 or 2)
- Headlamp or small flashlight & extra batteries
- sunglasses (with strap)
- extra prescription glasses (if required -with strap)