The China tour is offered during the Winter 3 week block (January). A Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MIS Fee) will be charged in addition to regular University of Alberta tuition.
The MIS fee for this trip includes the following:
- accommodation while in China
- most meals
- local (Zhuhai, Shanghai or Beijing and nearby area) field trips
The following costs are NOT included in the fee:
- University of Alberta tuition,
- International airfare (approx $1500 - $2000),
- Ferry charges (Hong Kong to Zhuhai)
- Canadian Passport,
- tourist visa for China,
- travel immunizations as recommended by the public health nurse,
- travel health insurance,
- return transportation from Augustana (or your place of origin) to the Edmonton International Airport,
- phone and internet access while in China,
- pocket money.
The estimated MIS fee for the 2019 China Tour is $2,900.00 - $3,400.00.
$1000 funding available for up to 15 students (funding from the China Institute, University of Alberta).