The Costa Rica Field Studies courses are offered every second year and include a 2-week expedition to Costa Rica in the winter term. A Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MIS) will be charged in addition to regular University of Alberta tuition.
This fee includes the following:
- Return airfare from Edmonton International Airport to Costa Rica
- Ground transportation in Costa Rica
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Accommodation and breakfast in San Jose
- Accommodation and all meals at the field station
The following costs are NOT included in the fee:
- University of Alberta tuition
- Canadian Passport
- Travel immunizations (including rabies) as recommended by the public health nurse
- Travel Health Insurance
- Return transportation from Augustana (or your place of origin) to the Edmonton International Airport
- Costa Rica airport tax
- Food (lunch and dinner) at locations other than the field station (3-4 days)
- Phone and internet access while in Costa Rica
- Pocket money
The MIS fee for the 2020 Costa Rica course will be approximately $3,100-$3,500.
|First Payment ($500)
|Second Payment ($2,000)
|Final Payment (balance)
Augustana will supply the equipment needed to carry out the field and lab studies associated with the research proposals. Participants are responsible for appropriate clothing and footwear for the trip. A complete list of suggested expedition gear will be provided in the fall term.