The India study tour is offered every second year for 3½ weeks in the Winter 3 week. A Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MIS Fee) will be charged in addition to regular University of Alberta tuition. The estimated MIS fee for the 2020 India Study Tour is $2900 - $3200.
The MIS fee for this trip includes the following:
- internal transportation while in India,
- accommodation and food while in India,
- most sightseeing/entrance fees.
The following costs are NOT included in the fee:
- University of Alberta tuition,
- International airfare (approx $2000 - $2500),
- Canadian Passport,
- tourist visa for India (approx $80),
- travel immunizations as recommended by the public health nurse,
- travel health insurance,
- return transportation from Augustana (or your place of origin) to the Edmonton International Airport,
- phone and internet access while in India,
- pocket money.
Students will be responsible for their own personal supplies for the India tour. In addition to regular course supplies, the following items are recommended:
|small first aid kit
||Course of antibiotics
||wet wipes/hand sanitizer
||backpack with carrying bag for day trips
||shoes/sandals (not rubber as you will get blisters)
||one cotton/flannel sheet
||small locks and keys