AUPED 281 - Explorations of the Canadian North (Dogsledding) is offered in the winter semester every other year with a 2 1/2-week excursion to the Northwest Territories. A Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MISF) will be charged in addition to regular University of Alberta tuition.
This fee includes the following:
- Meals for the duration of the trip (excluding two to three meals eaten in transit from Camrose to the homestead)
- All travel
- Instruction in dogsledding techniques
- Use of special jacket and beaverskin mitts on the homestead
- Use of all equipment other than that listed on personal clothing and equipment list (we supply dogsleds, tents, cooking equipment, backpacks, some sleeping mats, and more)
- Access to appropriate used clothing and supplies
The following costs are NOT included in the fee:
The estimated MIS fee for 2019 is $3,500.00.
While Augustana will supply some of the equipment for the expedition, students are required to provide personal clothing and equipment. A detailed list of supplies will be provided during the course.
Students who lose or damage Augustana equipment may be required to pay for its replacement.