PED 184 and 284 is offered in every winter and fall semester, respectively. Each course includes one 5-day trip. There is no Mandatory Instructional Support Fee (MISF) charged for this course.
Regular University of Alberta tuition covers the following costs associated with the out-trips:
- Return transportation to the out-trip locations
- Various equipment for the out-trips including tents, canoes, and cat-hole shovels
- Sufficient food for the two out-trips (personal snacks paid for by students)
- Access to donated camping-appropriate clothing
- Ongoing support and assistance from the leadership team
A list of suggested additional equipment & clothing will be provided by the instructor before the first out-trip. Some of the required equipment can be borrowed if necessary. Appropriate footwear is required.