Student Services Philosophy
We believe that:
“human beings are happier, more cooperative and productive, and more likely to make positive changes in their behavior when those in positions of authority do things with them, rather than to them or for them.” (iirp.edu)
We commit that we will:
- Treat students like adults.
- Expect that they take the lead in their own decision-making.
- Connect students with resources, on and off campus, that support their health and well being.
- Discuss information about the student (grades, personal information…) with the student and not with parents/guardians without the student’s permission.
- Have high expectations and a high level of support.