Below is a list of potentially useful conversations to have before Move-In Day
- Who is paying for what?
- What financing (scholarships, student loans, employment income…) is available?
- What is the budget for the year?
- What expectations do parents have?
- What is the student comfortable with?
- When is the student planning to go home to visit?
- When are the parents planning to visit the campus?
- What information about grades will the student share?
Health and Wellness
- Allergies and/or disease management?
- Family doctor?
- Medical insurance?
- Substance use
- Healthy relationships: Boundaries and safety;
- How does the student deal with stress?
- What are some signs that parents see when their son/daughter is struggling?