Since January of 2013, the Indigenous Engagement Committee (formerly the Aboriginal Engagement Committee) has been meeting to champion, promote, and support initiatives aimed at fostering greater Indigenous student participation and engagement on campus. It also aims to help develop strong campus-community relationships with various members of Canada’s First Nations, Inuit, and Métis populations.
The Committee is meant to advise the Dean, as well as all members of the campus, in their decisions when they affect Indigenous students and communities. It also hopes to serve as a bridge between the campus community and neighbouring First Nations and Métis communities.
- Allen Berger, Dean
- François Bastien, Assistant Professor, Management
- Kara Blizzard, Public Services Librarian
- Megan Caldwell, Indigenous Student Services Coordinator
- Michael Clermont, Project Coordinator, Facilities and Operations
- Trina Harrison, Alumni & Special Events Coordinator
- Sean Moore, Associate Professor, Psychology (on sabbatical)
- Daniel Sims, Assistant Professor, History & Indigenous Studies, and Chair of the Committee
- Erin Sutherland, Assistant Professor, Cultural Studies
Your questions and comments are very much welcome! Please direct them to the chair of the committee, Daniel Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org).