Since January of 2013, the Indigenous Engagement Committee (formerly the Aboriginal Engagement Committee) has been meeting to champion, promote, and support initiatives aimed at fostering greater Indigenous student participation and engagement on campus. It also aims to help develop strong campus-community relationships with various members of Canada’s First Nations, Inuit, and Métis populations.
The Committee is meant to advise the Dean, as well as all members of the campus, in their decisions when they affect Indigenous students and communities. It also hopes to serve as a bridge between the campus community and neighbouring First Nations and Métis communities.
- Allen Berger, Dean
- Kara Blizzard, Public Services Librarian
- Megan Caldwell, Interim Aboriginal Students' Office Coordinator
- Michael Clermont, Project Coordinator, Facilities and Operations
- Trina Harrison, Alumni & Special Events Coordinator
- Brittany Johnson, Interim Aboriginal Students' Office Facilitator
- Emily MacMillan, current student
- Sean Moore, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Carson Roche, current student
- Seannah Rose, current student
- Daniel Sims, Assistant Professor, History and Chair of the Committee
Your questions and comments are very much welcome! Please direct them to the chair of the committee, Daniel Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org).