This is a supplemental insurance policy and does not replace the need for Alberta Health Care coverage and/or any other insurance policies you may have.
Students attending Augustana are covered 24 hours per day, every day, including summer vacation and other school breaks. Details of this policy and claim forms are available in the Student Services Office, and the Office of the Athletics Director. Some of the conditions due to accident that the policy covers are:
- Loss of life
- Permanent loss of use of eyes, hearing, speech, or various limbs
- First aid dental treatment
- Replacement or repair of eyeglasses or contact lenses if they are damaged in an accident where injury occurs and treatment is received by a physician
- The fracture or dislocation of a bone or limb when the injury requires medical or surgical treatment
- Emergency transportation to a doctor's office or nearest hospital (i.e. by ambulance) subject to a maximum of $50.00 Note: ambulance is NOT covered under Alberta Health Care.