Augustana welcomes a Nurse Navigator to campus to better connect students to Camrose community healthcare supports and services. A collaboration between Augustana and the Camrose Primary Care Network, the Nurse Navigator will act as a source of information, a liaison to the wider healthcare system, and as a resource to engage students in health-related discussion and activities on campus. The Nurse Navigator is available to all students registered at and attending Augustana campus (including Nursing and Physical Therapy students).
What you can expect:
The Nurse Navigator will be available to answer questions and give advice on the following topics
- Discussions regarding the best treatment of minor illnesses (cold, flu, sore throat)
- How to best schedule a routine physical exam
- Appropriate referrals to specialists and/or other healthcare providers
- Mental health concerns
- Sexual health concerns
- Health education on prevention or management of chronic health conditions
Depending on your needs, you will be helped by the Nurse Navigator directly or referred to services with the Camrose Primary Care Network or the Camrose healthcare system.
How to access:
The Nurse Navigator is available by appointment or walk-in.Office Hours are Monday through Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm.
The Nurse Navigator is located on the second floor of the Library, around the corner from the Learning Commons, L2-144. To make an appointment please contact one of the following:
- Call the Nurse Navigator at 780.679.1160.
- E-mail the Nurse Navigator at: email@example.com.
- Call the Camrose PCN at 780.608.4927.
Walk-ins are also welcome.