Since January of 2013, the Indigenous Engagement Advisory Committee (formerly the Aboriginal Engagement Committee) has been meeting to champion, promote, and support initiatives aimed at fostering greater Indigenous student participation and engagement on campus. It also aims to help develop strong campus-community relationships with various members of Canada’s First Nations, Inuit, and Métis populations.
The Committee is meant to advise the Dean, as well as all members of the campus, in their decisions when they affect Indigenous students and communities. It also hopes to serve as a bridge between the campus community and neighbouring First Nations and Métis communities.
- Demetres Tryphonopoulos, Dean
- François Bastien, Assistant Professor, Management
- Karen Bossmann, Financial Facilitator
- Megan Caldwell, Director, Indigenous Student Services
- Abigail Lee, Indigenous Student Representative, Augustana Students' Association
- Daniel Sims, Assistant Professor, History & Indigenous Studies, and Chair of the Committee
- Gary Snydmiller, Associate Professor, Kinesiology
- Erin Sutherland, Assistant Professor, Cultural Studies
- Gavin Wilkes, Student Advisor
Your questions and comments are very much welcome! Please direct them to the chair of the committee, Daniel Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org).