1. Registration of Vehicles
- All vehicles on campus must be registered. This registration is available from the Student and Residence Services Office (Faith & Life 2-336) and must be obtained immediately upon arrival on campus. Owners of unregistered vehicles, who park on campus, will be subject to fines, towing charges, and any motor vehicle search fees incurred by Augustana in identifying ownership of such vehicles.
- Upon registration, a parking permit will be issued. All students, faculty and staff of Augustana who wish to park their vehicles on campus are required to display a valid parking permit. Permits affixed by adhesive tape or other means are deemed invalid and will be subject to ticketing and/or towing. Permits are the property of Augustana. Permits can be purchased at the Student and Residence Services Office, FL 2-336 in the Faith and Life Centre.
- Temporary Parking Permits for periods of less than 2 weeks may be obtained free of charge from the Student and Residence Services Office (Faith & Life 2-336). Temporary permits must be displayed on the dash so they are visible through the front windshield.
- An annual parking permit fees and single semester registration fees for both vehicles and motorcycles are described here.
- If a vehicle permit holder has occasion to use an alternate vehicle, please notify the Student and Residence Services Office BEFOREthe vehicle is parked on campus to avoid a fine and/or towing.
- Theft of a parking permit or use of an unauthorized parking permit will result in disciplinary action.
- Any individual who brings a vehicle on campus is responsible for that vehicle, regardless of who the owner/operator is.
- Registration information includes license plate of vehicle, name and address of the owner and operator, and vehicle description.
- All visitors should be directed to park their vehicles in the visitor section of the Faith & Life Centre parking lot. (See #5, “Visitor Parking Area”) Registered students, faculty and staff at University of Alberta, Augustana Campus are not considered bonafide “visitors” and may not use the Faith & Life visitor parking area during weekdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
2. Parking and Traffic Regulations
- All regulations stated herein apply to students, faculty, and staff operating vehicles on campus. In these regulations, the term “campus” is interpreted to include all Augustana parking lots, lanes and roadways on Augustana property. The term “vehicle” or “motor vehicle” is interpreted to include automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles.
- University of Alberta, Augustana Campus assumes NO responsibility for loss or damage to any vehicle or its contents.
- Alberta laws and municipal laws governing motor vehicle operation are in effect on all campus locations.
- Strict adherence to rules pertaining to maximum speed of 25 km per hour and to no parking in service drives or fire lanes is required. These rules protect pedestrians and vehicles and provide access for fire-fighting equipment, service vehicles, and ambulances. Violators will have their cars towed from the campus at the owner’s expense.
- Unless designated as a parking area, no vehicle parking is allowed.
3. Student and Employee Parking Areas
- The purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space on campus. However, it does authorize parking on campus in a designated parking lot if space is available.
- Loading Zones next to the Library, First Year Complex Ravine Complex are for loading/unloading purposes only. (A maximum of 15 minutes is allowed with emergency flashers activated.) Violators will have their vehicles towed from the campus at the owner’s expense.
- The SOUTH end of the Faith & Life Parking lot, directly in front of the Faith & Life Centre, is exclusively for the use of bonafide visitors, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Students and employees with campus-registered vehicles may only use this area on weekdays between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. and on weekends.
- The two MIDDLE ROWS of the Faith & Life Parking Lot are reserved for the exclusive use of faculty and staff, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Students with campus-registered vehicles may only use this area on weekdays between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. and on weekends.
- The NORTH ROW and the EAST end of the Faith & Life Parking Lot is available for the use of off-campus students with campus-registered vehicles.
- Students who expect visitors to the campus should read the following information on “Visitor Parking Area”.
4. Residence Student Parking
- Residence students MUST park in the Ravine Complex Parking Lot (P5) ONLY with a valid parking permit.
- Residence students are NOT permitted to park in the Faith & Life Parking Lot or Theatre Centre Parking Lot. Violators will have their vehicles ticketed and/or towed from the campus at the owner’s expense.
- The visitor parking area in the Ravine Complex is for the use of visitors to the Ravine Complex residents. Residence students are NOT permitted to park in the Ravine Complex visitor parking area at ANY time.
5. Visitor Parking Area
- Visitor parking is available ONLY in the Visitor Parking area in the K. Glen Johnson Faith and Life Parking Lot and in the designated spaces in the Ravine Complex Parking Lot.
- Students are responsible for advising their guests of the parking policies and will be held accountable for any tickets and/or towing charges issued to their guests.
- Registered students, faculty and staff at Augustana are not considered bonafide “visitors” and may not use the visitor parking areas during weekdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- The visitor parking area in the Ravine Complex is for the use of visitors to the Ravine Complex residents. Residence students areNOT permitted to park in the Ravine Complex visitor parking area at ANY time.
6. Parking Violations
- Notice of a parking violation will be placed on the windshield of a vehicle and logged in the Student and Residence Services Office (Faith & Life 2-336). The fine penalties for regular parking infractions are as follows:
- Permit Holders - $30.00 for ALL parking violations.
- Non-Permit Holders - $30.00 for ALL parking violations PLUS a $16.00 motor vehicle search fee to determine ownership of vehicle.
- If a vehicle is parked in a loading zone in excess of 15 minutes (with emergency flashers activated), a fire lane, emergency access roadway, or unauthorized parking in the reserved parking lot, the vehicle will be towed off-campus. To retrieve a towed vehicle, the owner must pay the towing company directly for all costs involved (including storage costs) at its commercial rate.
- Fines may be paid at the Student and Residence Services Office within four (4) working days. After this time, holds will be placed on the student’s account preventing course registration changes and/or release of transcripts. Financial holds will be removed when the fines are paid.
- When ticketed, it is to the owner’s advantage to report to the Student and Residence Services Office within the 4-day period if you do not have a parking permit to avoid the $16 search fee.
- Augustana reserves the right to remove any vehicle from the campus operated or parked in violation of campus regulations.
- Use of abusive language to towing company employees or parking officers will result in disciplinary action.
An Appeal of a parking/towing violation may be submitted in writing to the Parking Appeals Committee, c/o Student and Residence Services Office within four (4) working days after receiving a violation. Appeals after this time will not be considered until the fine has been paid. Appeals which are not submitted within thirty (30) days from the date of violation will not be considered.