1. Apply to the University of Alberta
- You will require a Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password to access the on-line residence application form. It is recommended that you apply to live in residence early.
- You are not required to have received acceptance, or even conditional acceptance, from the U of A - you simply need to apply to the U of A to receive your CCID and password.
- You can apply as early as November 1 of the year prior to your attending university. Please note that applications and room offers will be processed after the Spring Room Draws.
2. Choose the Augustana Campus Residence Application
- You can select up to two accommodation preference (Single or Double) on your residence application. Single room requests will only be honoured as space permits.
- Please note that due to the high demand and housing guarantees, each University of Alberta residence has designated student group preferences (i.e. 1st year undergraduate student, graduate student, family).
3. Complete your application
- The residence application is available on-line. Please follow the link at the left of this page.
- Payment of application fee must be made at the time you submit your application. Credit card payments (VISA and MasterCard only) can be made on-line. If you are unable to pay by credit card, you must download the hard copy application available on the residence application page and submit it along with a cheque or money order to the appropriate Residence Services Office. Applications submitted without payment will not be processed.
- NOTE: It is very important to provide complete and accurate information when applying. Applications that have not been filled out properly or do not contain accurate and complete information WILL NOT be processed. As a result, you may not get a space in residence.
4. Submitting your application
- After you have completed and submitted your application, the application will be processed by the corresponding Residence Services Office.
5. Processing your application
Once we have received your application the following will occur:
- As soon as you apply and successfully submit your application, you will receive a generated e-mail confirming we have received your application. You will also received an electronic copy of your credit card transaction for the application fee.
- Starting in late April we begin the process of assigning rooms, Once we have made your room assignment, we will send you an e-mail alerting you that your on-line confirmation is available. It is important that you read this room offer as your reply to it will be time-sensitive.
- In the room offer, you will be asked to complete confirmation information, which will include your residence agreement and other important information we need from you.
- Once an offer has been made and accepted and a lease or contract signed, a ROAF (Room Offer Acceptance Fee) will be required in order to hold the space
- Applicants who have paid the ROAF and cancel after the deadline stated in the room offer letter will lose the ROAF and the application fee.
- If we do not receive your confirmation package by the deadline in your room offer, your room offer will be cancelled and you will be placed at the bottom of our waiting lists.
- If you are placed on a waiting list, you will still need to complete the confirmation package to maintain your position on the waiting list.
- If we are unable to offer you a room, you will be refunded any fees paid except the $25.00 application fee.
- Please note that the processing of your application does not indicate a guaranteed place in residence.
All communication will be sent to your university supplied @ualberta.ca email address.