Cancellations Before Move-In
For New Applicants:
- New Applicants who cancel their application in writing prior to August 1st will receive a $150 refund and a refund of their ROAF (if applicable). New Applicants whose cancellations are received by our office on or after August 2nd will not receive a refund.
- New Applicants who apply after August 2nd may cancel their application prior to receiving a room offer. Once a room offer has been made, the application fee will only be refunded due to non-acceptance to the university.
For Returning Applicants:
- Returning Students who participated in Room Draw or applied prior to June 15th and have submitted their confirmation package may cancel their application in writing prior to June 15th. They will receive a $150.00 refund and a refund of their ROAF (if applicable).
- Returning students who apply after June 15th may cancel their application in writing prior to receiving a room offer letter.
For All Applicants:
- All applicants will receive a room offer (Room draw is considered a room offer for returning students, students who have not participated in room draw will receive a letter by post or email).
- If space is not available and no offer has been made by the preferred move in date, the applicant receives a $150 refund.
- Applicants who decline or do not respond to a room offer by the deadline stated in the correspondence confirming a room offer, will lose the application fee.
- Once an offer has been made and accepted a confirmation package must be completed in order to hold the space.
- Applicants who have accepted the room offer and then cancel after the deadline stated in the room offer letter will lose all fees paid (including the ROAF).
- Applicants who transfer from other University of Alberta Residences to Augustana will not receive a refund of either their deposit or ROAF after a room offer has been made.
Non-Acceptance to the University (New and Returning Applicants)
- Applicants who have been offered a space and have signed the agreement or lease and cancel due to non-acceptance to the U of A will lose only $25 provided the written cancellation is received along with a copy of the non-acceptance letter, within 10 days of the date of the non-acceptance letter but prior to the move-in date.
Cancellations After Move-In/Semester Start Date
- Students who have applied for residence and cancel after the semester start date but have not moved into residence will lose the application fee, security deposit and ROAF (if applicable).
- Students who withdraw from studies a the Augustana Faculty will be charge a pro-rated amount to their account based on the move-out date and assessed a penalty as per the residence agreement.
- Students who continue their studies at Augustana may apply to the Housing Review Committee to be released from their residence agreement. Students released from their residence agreement will be assessed a penalty as per the residence agreement.
- Students who wish to move out of residence after they have moved in will be assessed a penalty as per the Residence Agreement. Note: Section 11 of the residence agreement explains penalties for terminating your residence agreement early.
- Students who have not fulfilled their 1 year residence requirement and are continuing studies at Augustana will need to apply to the housing review committee. They will also need to demonstrate additional criteria (see exemptions to the residence requirement).
Residents who wish to cancel their housing contract and or appeal the penalty must submit their request in writing to:
Faith & Life, 2-336 - Augustana Campus
Camrose, AB T4V 2R3