This Series is offered once a month in both Calgary and Edmonton. Find out more about the Family Enterprise Leadership Series.
ABFI offers valuable programs, services, and advice
Consider the facts. Family-owned business:
- Generates approximately 60% of Canada’s Gross Domestic Product
- Employs 6 million workers in Canada (both full-time and part-time)
- Creates 70% of all new jobs in North America
- Provides 55% of all charitable donations
Staggering, isn’t it? Yet, 70% of family-owned businesses fail before they are passed on to the second generation. That figure jumps to 88% for third-generation succession and 97% for fourth.
Support, networking, and resources for family-owned business
The Alberta Business Family Institute recognizes the vital impact of family enterprise on our economy, as well as the specialized needs of this unique entity. ABFI is committed to improving the statistics through the provision of essential tools, guidance and knowledge in such areas as:
- succession and estate planning
- corporate governance
- leadership development
- conflict resolution
- and more
Thank you to for their generous contribution in the production of this ad.