Entrepreneurship@UAlberta is a Technology Commercialization Centre initiative aimed at providing education, support and extensive mentorship for the University of Alberta students to become successful entrepreneurs. The initiative aims to build a sustainable ecosystem and a nurturing environment of entrepreneurship across the University of Alberta.
The Entrepreneurship@UAlberta initiative have three main approaches :
- Launch of Entrepreneurship 101 class – a 3 credit general elective course, open to all University of Alberta Students.
- Graduate Level Entrepreneurship classes for post-doctoral fellows.
On Campus Engagement
- Inter-disciplinary partnerships, cross-departmental capstone projects and facilitated entrepreneurial student engagement across different faculties.
- Student run eCLUB (Entrepreneurship Club) based at eHUB, with student ambassadors in every faculty, aimed towards nurturing entrepreneurship by inviting entrepreneurial leaders and mentors, relevant to the faculty of interest, to host on campus seminars and mentorship sessions.
- Technology Commercialization Club facilitate graduate level entrepreneurial engagement across campus by hosting seminars and workshops.
- University Digital Services serve as a strong partner in promoting entrepreneurship @UAlberta across all digital platforms.
Off Campus Partnerships
- We have established strong partnerships and evolving relationships with Startup Edmonton, TEC Edmonton, Alberta Women Entrepreneurs, Capital Ideas, Venture Mentorship Services, Alberta Indian Investment Corporation and Microsoft Ventures.
- Our partnership mission is to link, align and co-ordinate all efforts dedicated to building a supportive and entrepreneurially conducive environment for our students.