CFA Program University Student Scholarship
As a Program Partner of the CFA Institute, the Alberta School of Business can recommend scholarships for up to 10 students per exam year. The current exam year covers the December 2016 and June 2017 sittings of the CFA exams.
The Department of Finance and Statistical Analysis's process for dealing with recommendations for the June 2017 exam sitting of the exam is as follows:
- You send the completed form, along with a CV and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com, no later than 23 January 2017. The School's deadline is before that of the CFA Institute, as the department chair needs time to review the applications.
- The department chair reviews all applications and recommends those he deems worthy to the CFA Institute. The ultimate decision to grant scholarships is in the hands of the CFA Institute.
As soon as information is available it is posted to this page, please check back for updates.
- Applications will not be reviewed until after the school's deadline date, noted above, so there is no advantage to submitting early. Thus, if you wish to apply, please submit your package within one week of the school's deadline date, not before.
- Those wanting to apply for a scholarship for the December 2017 exam sitting should check back with the department no earlier than 1 August 2017 for an updated process. Do not submit your package at this time, wait until the week before the winter deadline.
- Our policy is to recommend only one scholarship per student per level. If you are still eligible for a scholarship when you are attempting Level 2, we will consider a scholarship recommendation at that time.
- The Business Undergraduate Office has no connection with this scholarship.
- For more information regarding the program, please see CFA Institute Scholarship website. Any questions regarding the scholarship program itself must be directed to the CFA.