- The contest entry period will run from 12:00 AM (MST) November 1, 2019 to 11:59pm (MST) November 30, 2019.
- Only students enrolled in the BCom/MBA/PhD program at the Alberta School of Business may participate. This includes all degree-seeking (part-time, full-time or after-degree), visiting and exchange students at the Alberta School of Business.
- Entries must be submitted using the online Photo Contest Submission Form.
- Each individual student may enter up to three (3) separate submissions. Only one entry should be enter per form submission.
- Entries must be relevant to traveling or international experiences.
- Each submission must include a title and be accompanied by a short testimonial/abstract (max. 100 words) about how studying or traveling outside of Canada has impacted you in a positive way. The accompanying abstract must be in English and will be displayed with the photograph if selected as a finalist or winner. Include your name, academic program, expected date of graduation and specific location where the photograph was taken. Entry Details will be collected via the online Photo Contest Submission Form.
- Every submission must grant consent to the Photography & Testimonial Release.
- Each submission file should be named with student's name and title of entry (e.g. "JohnSmith-TokyoSummer.jpg") and uploaded using the Photo Contest Submission Form.
- Photos must not infringe on the rights of any third party.
- The Alberta School of Business reserves the right not to consider any entry it deems to be inappropriate.
- Only high resolution digital images that are photo quality will be accepted.
- Images should be in .jpeg, .jpg or .png file format.
- The approximate minimum size of 3000 pixels on portrait or landscape orientation is required.
- Image files should not be larger than 10MB.
- The preferred dimension ratio of 3:2 or 2:3 is best for display purposes.
- Entries not meeting these specifications will not be accepted.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of faculty, staff, and student representatives at the Alberta School of Business after the submission period has ended according to the following criteria:
- Degree to which entry depicts and/or inspires international/cultural exploration
- Visual impact/aesthetic appeal
- Clarity and relevance of accompanying testimonial/abstract
- Finalists entries will be selected and put on display in the Business Building for a two-week exhibition in February 2020. Alberta School of Business students will then be allowed to vote on their favourite photo from the list of finalists via an online system. This “student vote” will count as 20% of the final tally for selecting the winning entry.
- The winner(s) will be announced publicly and awarded the prize.
- Selection decisions will be final and binding.
- By submitting your photo, entrants consent that they have read and understood the rules and regulations, and release the Alberta School of Business from all liability in connection with the production of the photo.
- The Alberta School of Business reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this contest at any time without prior notification.
Limitations of Liability
- The Alberta School of Business is not responsible for lost or late entries.
- The Alberta School of Business reserves the right to cancel or modify this contest due to fraud, virus, or other causes beyond the School's control.
- The Alberta School of Business reserves the right to use all or part of all submitted photos in promotional materials, websites and social media.
Submit an Entry
For any questions or comments about the Alberta School of Business International Photo Contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.