All students in the Bachelor of Commerce program who are beginning their final two years of study in the Fall term, are encouraged to consider applying to the Leadership Certificate program. There are two steps involved in applying:
- Qualified students must submit an application form by May 15th (see section below for definition of qualified student).
- Short-listed students will be invited to appear before a Faculty Admissions Committee over the summer for a personal interview.
Students in the Bachelor of Commerce program may apply to pursue the Certificate in Leadership by meeting the following requirements:
- Students must apply to the Undergraduate Office by May 15th.
- Applications must be accompanied by a resume, at least one letter of reference, and a letter of intent outlining why the student should be admitted to the program.
- Students must have completed or be in the process of completing all of the required primary core courses in the Bachelor of Commerce Program.
- Students must have completed a minimum of *51 and a maximum of *69 towards their Bachelor of Commerce degree, including courses in progress during the Winter or Spring term in which they apply.
- Students must be in satisfactory academic standing.
Students must be current Bachelor of Commerce students, or transfer students who have applied for entry to the Bachelor of Commerce program, and have been accepted.
Only a small number of spaces exist in the Certificate in Leadership Program. Only qualified applicants will be considered for admission. Qualified applicants are those who meet the requirements above. Admission decisions will be made by a Faculty Admissions Committee on the basis of the student’s character and leadership potential based on a combination of a personal interview, resume, letter of intent and letter(s) of reference.
The Faculty Admissions Committee will consist of the Dean of the Alberta School of Business and additional members composed of both Alberta School of Business members and external members. External members will be successful community leaders chosen by the Dean of the School of Business.
If you have any questions about the Leadership Certificate admission requirements, please contact the Undergraduate Office