Who can apply to the Leadership Certificate Program?
Undergraduate students who have completed one year in the BCom Program, or for new students applying for entry into Business after completing two years of a Bachelor of Commerce University transfer program at another University or College.
This program is not normally open to students who have completed more than two years in a Bachelor of Commerce Program, or to students in the After-Degree Program. Students in the Co-operative Education Program may have to consult with both the Undergraduate Office and the Business Career Services Office to see if the certificate will fit with their current program.
Leadership Certificate applicants must submit all required and any optional documents from the following CHECKLIST to the Undergraduate Office by email at email@example.com with the subject "Additional Documents for Leadership Certificate" by May 15th.
- Application Form - online submission. Please submit other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Transcript of Grades if not a continuing University of Alberta student (Required for students who are not currently attending the University of Alberta)
- Letters of Reference (one or more required) - At least one letter of reference is required from an individual who can speak to the student’s potential for leadership within their community. Community is broadly defined to include any community, from business, to ethnic, to sports, etc. Referees should comment on both leadership activities and potential.
- Statement of Purpose (Required) - must outline the student’s reasons for wanting to enter the Leadership Certificate Program, and the student’s assessment of why he or she is an ideal candidate for the program. The student should discuss what he or she hopes to achieve through the program and also how he or she will contribute to the success of the program. A student might wish to give a specific vocational goal after graduation including any special field of interest or type of employment planned. This statement is not to exceed two pages in length.
- Resume (Required)
- Additional documentation student feels may assist Committee (Optional)
May 15th, 2017