Operations management electives may include any 400-level OM course and/or chosen from this list of additional approved OM electives.
- EAS 221 -- Introduction to Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- EAS 351 -- Environmental Applications of Geographical Information Systems
- ENG M 310 -- Engineering Economy
- ENGG 404 -- Industrial Safety and Loss Management
- ENGG 406 -- Industrial Safety and Risk Management
- FIN 413 -- Risk Management
- FIN 422 -- Capital Investments
- MGTSC 405 -- Forecasting for Planners and Managers
- MGTSC 455 -- Quality Management
- MGTSC 488 - Intro to Business Analytics
- MIS 412 -- Managerial Support Systems
- MIS 415 -- Data Base Design and Administration
- MIS 424 -- Introduction to Information Systems Project Management
- MIS 426 -- Technology-Enabled Business Process Management
- SMO 432 -- Managing for Quality
- CMPUT 174 -- Introduction to the Foundations of Computation I *
- CMPUT 175 -- Introduction to the Foundations of Computation II *
- CMPUT 201 -- Practical Programming Methodology
- MATH 102 or MATH 125 or MATH 127 -- Linear Algebra*
- MATH 101 or MATH 115 or MATH 118 -- Calculus II*
- MATH 214 -- Intermediate Calculus I**
- MATH 373 -- Mathematical Programming and Optimization I**
- STAT 265 -- Statistics I**
* 100-level courses will not be approved as electives if a student has already reached the limit on allowable junior level electives in their program -- see 64.1.4(1) in the University Calendar.
** These and possibly other courses on this list may require prerequisites that are not listed here or in the description of the Operations Management major.
This list of courses is reviewed every year. Suggestions for changes to the list should be sent to Armann Ingolfsson.