The Alberta School of Business offers a unique program for exceptional high school students. Alberta Guaranteed Admission (AGA) offers high school students who complete their pre-professional studies at the University of Alberta in the 2018-19 academic year and meet all AGA requirements, a guaranteed space in the Bachelor of Commerce program for Fall 2019. Students can complete their pre-professional studies in the following U of A Faculties: Agricultural Life & Environmental Sciences
, Arts, Augustana
, Native Studies
, Kinesiology,Sport and Recreation
, Campus Saint-Jean
Who is eligible to apply?
- Grade 12 Students with an average of 80% or higher in five appropriate Grade 12 high school subjects. Two of these subjects must be English Language Arts 30-1 and Mathematics 30-1. The remaining 3 subjects can be any 30 level humanities/social sciences, fine arts and mathematics/sciences courses which are required for admission into your chosen direct entry faculty at the U of A.For information on High School Subject Requirements by Faculty and Programs, please visit the U of A Admission Website. If you are currently in post-secondary studies, you are not eligible to apply.
If you have attended High School in another Canadian province:
If you have attended High School outside of Canada:
Submit an application for the International Alberta Guaranteed Admission.
Alberta Guaranteed Admission Criteria:
- Apply to the U of A: Students must submit a U of A application before they are able to apply for AGA.
- Apply for AGA: Students must submit an AGA application prior to starting their pre professional year. Deadline to submit application is August 1, 2018.
- BCom Requirements: Students must complete all the BCom admission requirements and their pre-professional year at the U of A.
- GPA: Must present a minimum GPA of 2.8 in their pre-professional year.
Guaranteed Spot in Fall 2019:
Students who meet these criteria will be guaranteed a space in the BCom program the following year, regardless of the competitive GPA for that year. In your pre-professional year, you must apply for Fall 2019 admission to the BCom program by March 1, 2019.
How to Apply:
Applications for AGA Fall 2018 are now open and the deadline to apply is August 1, 2018.
To apply you will need your high school grades for any completed grade 12 courses, course registration for any in progress courses, and your 7 digit UAlberta student ID. High School students may apply for AGA prior to receiving final grades in their five grade 12 subjects by reporting any interim/midterms grades or indicating "in progress" for grade 12 subjects they are registered in. Students can only apply to AGA once they have applied for admission into their pre-professional faculty at the U of A and received their 7 digit UAlberta student ID number.