Eligibility and Applications
- Applications must be complete with all required official transcripts and documents received before an applicant will be considered for an admission offer to the Bachelor of Commerce program.
- Processing of final admission offers for the Bachelor of Commerce program will continue until the quota has been filled.
- All applications to the BCom programs are reviewed for eligibility by the Alberta School of Business Undergraduate Program Office.
- Applicants who are not qualified for admission by the June 15 transcript deadline, will not be assessed for an offer of admission until all qualified and competitive applicants have been admitted to the BCom programs. This includes applicants missing required courses and with lower than competitive GPAs.
- If you have questions about setting up a back-up plan for the upcoming academic year, you can contact our Prospective Student Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop-in during the scheduled advising hours for prospective students.
- Information regarding admission decisions, application status and registration access is available on Bear Tracks. The Application Status page on Bear Tracks allows you to track the entire admission process online, from submission of your application to an admission decision. If your Application Status is PENDING, no official admission decision has been made.
- Bear Tracks will indicate if you have any outstanding required items such as non U of A Transcripts or course descriptions. Please confirm that you have submitted all required items listed on the To-Do List on Bear Tracks. If you are currently attending a college or university within Alberta your institution may automatically send an electronic copy of your transcript to the U of A, please verify Post Secondary Transfer Applicants required documentation. U of A students are not required to submit U of A transcripts. Applicants are responsible for ensuring all required items have been received by the Office of the Registrar. If you have questions about the receipt of your transcripts, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 780-492-3113.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date. You can update your contact information directly on your Bear Tracks account.
- If you have difficulties navigating Bear Tracks, please consult the Bear Tracks User Guide.
- Please continue to check your UAlberta email for admission decisions.
- The U of A and the Alberta School of Business use electronic communication through UAlberta email with its students instead of paper resources. Please refer to the Electronic Communications Policy for more information.
- You will receive an update to your Bear Tracks account and email correspondence will be sent to your UAlberta email account, including information on your admission offer and registration.
- Once admitted into the BCom program, you will have registration access to business courses through Bear Tracks. Please reference the on-line degree planner in Bear Tracks when making your course selection.
- Explore the Bachelor of Commerce Current Student page for up to date information and program information.
- Register for BCom Orientation for new students entering into the Bachelor of Commerce Program. Details and information on how to RSVP will sent to your ualberta email.
- For any additional questions or to book an appointment to speak with an Advisor, please refer to the Undergraduate Program Office contact information.
Faculty Policies and Procedures - U of A Calendar
To keep up to date on policies you should consult the Faculty of the Business section in the U of A Calendar as it is your responsibility to be aware of all Faculty Policies and Procedures.
June 6 Update: Our office has begun evaluating applications for offers of final admission and will continue throughout the Spring/Summer. Please consult Bear Tracks for the up-to-date status of your application and check your To Do List for the status of required documents and transcripts.
We thank you in advance for your patience during the admission processing period. Please refrain from contacting the Undergraduate Office by phone or email regarding the status of your application, as this will result in further processing delays. You can track the up-to-date status of your application on Bear Tracks.