International Alberta Guaranteed Admission (IAGA)
The Alberta School of Business offers a unique program for exceptional international high school students. International Alberta Guaranteed Admission (IAGA) offers high school students who complete their pre-professional studies at the University of Alberta in the 2018-19 academic year and meet all IAGA requirements, a guaranteed space in the Bachelor of Commerce program for Fall 2019. Students can complete their pre-professional studies in the following U of A Faculties: Agricultural Life & Environmental Sciences, Arts, Augustana, Native Studies, Kinesiology, Sport and Recreation, Campus Saint-Jean and Science.
Who is eligible to apply?
Grade 12 (senior year) students who present the following criteria:
- Attendance at a high school outside of Canada
- An average of 85% or higher in five specific Grade 12 high school subjects. Two of these subjects must be English (Literature & Composition) and Mathematics. The remaining 3 subjects can be any Grade 12 academic courses in Fine Arts, Humanities, Languages other than English, Mathematics/Sciences, which are required for admission into your chosen direct entry faculty at the U of A. This calculation will happen after you apply to the U of A and submit your official transcripts and documentation. Please see International Course Equivalencies for more information
- Present English Language Proficiency
- Be admissible to an undergraduate degree program in a direct entry faculty at the University of Alberta. Each undergraduate degree program has its own competitive admission average. This average varies from year to year. For information, please visit the U of A Admission Website
- Apply to IAGA by August 1, 2018.
Please note: Students admitted into the Bridging Program are not be eligible for IAGA. Students who have completed previous post-secondary coursework are not eligible for IAGA.
International Alberta Guaranteed Admission Criteria
Apply to the U of A: You must first submit an Application for Admission for your chosen program at the University of Alberta, prior to applying for IAGA. The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 is March 1, 2018.
Apply for IAGA: You must submit an IAGA application prior to starting your pre professional year of study. The deadline to submit the application is August 1, 2018.
BCom Requirements: You must complete all of the BCom admission requirements in your pre-professional year of study at the U of A.
GPA: You must present a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your pre-professional year of study.
Apply for the BCom program: You must submit an Application for Admission to the BCom program by March 1, 2019.
Guaranteed Spot in the BCom program for Fall 2019
Students who meet all of the IAGA admission criteria will be guaranteed a space in the BCom program for Fall 2019, regardless of the competitive GPA for the admission intake. In your pre-professional year, you must apply for Fall 2019 admission to the BCom program by March 1, 2019.
How to Apply
The application form for Fall 2018 IAGA is open and the deadline to apply is August 1, 2018. To apply you will need to indicate your current high school courses, your high school’s name and location and your 7 digit UAlberta student ID that is provided to you after you have submitted your application for admission to the University of Alberta. Student can only apply to IAGA once they have applied for their pre-professional faculty at the U of A and received their 7 digit UAlberta Student ID number.
If you are a Canadian high school student who has completed high school in Canada, please apply for Alberta Guaranteed Admission.