Major in Finance Electives
Major in NREE Electives
Major in OM Electives
Major in International Business Electives
Having trouble registering in a course?
Please follow these steps:
- Ensure you have completed any pre-requisite courses or have co-requisites in registration. Pre-requisites and co-requisites are listed in the U of A calendar in the course description or on Bear Tracks. Pre-requisites are required for Business courses and will not be waived. Students who fail to have the necessary course pre-requisites will be removed from the course when it is audited. If courses are audited after the add/drop deadline, students may be withdrawn from the course in which case the withdrawal will show on the student's record and the student will be responsible for the course tuition and associated fees. Please be aware that Bear Tracks does not check for pre- and/or co-requisites for all courses and it is the student's responsibility to ensure that their registration meets pre-requisite requirements and program requirements. Business courses that list another course as a co-requisite may be taken prior to or at the same time as the Business course. If there is a deferred final examination in a pre-requisite course, BCom students will be permitted to remain registered in the affected courses. However, if the deferred final examination is written after the add/delete deadline and the pre-requisite course is subsequently failed, students will be withdrawn from the affected courses.
- Does the course have priority registration access? A number of intermediate and senior-level Business courses have these registration restrictions which are designed to give priority access to students requiring these courses for their major or minor. Please refer to the Class Notes on Bear Tracks to see what restrictions are in place.
- Are you in the required year? Most intermediate and senior Business courses are restricted to 3rd or 4th year students. Your year is not determined by the number of years attended, it is actually determined by the number of credits earned. Year restrictions are not waived.
- Ensure that you do not have a financial hold on your record.
- Some intro Business courses are reserved for Cohort and Non-cohort students.
Still haven't answered your question?
Please contact the Undergraduate Program Office for any other registration question you may have.