What is the Cohort Program?
The cohort program places new business students in groups with set timetables. Each pattern has been designed to be taken as an integrated whole and students are only cohort students(if at all) during their first year in Business.
Submitting your Cohort Preferences
Once you receive Early or Final Admission to the Bachelor of Commerce as a cohort student, please review the cohort schedules at the right of the page. Rank the cohort patterns in order of preference, and submit your cohort preferences online via our form.
(This Google form is restricted to users with a University of Alberta email address. Please ensure you are signed out of any other existing Google accounts and signed in only with your UofA email to access this form.)
Please take note:
- Cohort preferences will be considered, but students will be assigned cohort patterns as per availability. There is limited space available in each cohort pattern and students may be placed anywhere from their first to their last choice.
- Once a cohort pattern is assigned it cannot be changed.
- Failure to submit your cohort preferences in a timely manner will result in loss of your cohort designation.
- Students must register themselves in the courses in their assigned cohort pattern when registration opens at the end of March/beginning of April. Please watch Bear Tracks for your assigned enrolment date. Failure to register in your assigned cohort courses may result in your space being given away to another student.
- If you are an International student: choose to take BUS 202 in the Fall term instead of BUS 201. BUS 202 offers similar content to BUS 201, but it is geared for international students who may not be familiar with Canadian business practices