The MBA Analytics Club (MAC) seeks to connect MBA students with alumni, industry experts, academics, and fellow students from across the University of Alberta who share a passion for Data Analytics. We are looking to continue to build and strengthen partnerships with the broader analytics community including analytics meetup groups, industry leaders and professional organizations, and the start-up community.
Goals of the MBA Analytics Club:
- Empower the next generation business leaders with the tools of analytics
- Act as a knowledge resource hub on applied business analytics
- Develop strategic partnership with external analytics practitioners
- Facilitate professional networking opportunities for the members
- Promote business students interests in a career in analytics
The MBA Analytics Club shall have two (or three) Co-Chairs, appointed by the Co-Presidents for one-year term, Co-Chairs will have experience working with the Analytics Club and the Co-Presidents leading to a potential opportunity to lead the Club next year.
The full Committee shall meet at least once a month. The Committee will arrange additional meetings as required to fulfill responsibilities.
ANALYTICS CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The MBA Analytics Club organizes analytical workshops, Speaker series, Case competitions, and unique networking events to engage students and improve connections with the Business community and potential employers in the filed of Analytics.
- The Analytics Club will serve as the voice of the member students to the MBAA and the program office.
- The committee and Co-Chairs will work with the Co-Presidents in ensuring that all the students entering the program in the following year are kept up to date with information regarding the Club and the events organized.
For any enquires regarding joining the Club/potential opportunities in the field of analytics. you can reach out to any of the Co-Presidents on their email.
The club has drawn excellent interest among the students for its initiatives in the last year. The club organized SAS, R programming event and analytics case competition. The Analytics Case Competition was a big hit; students were presented with a challenge to apply their analytical skills on a real case. The competition also provided an opportunity to students to network with companies in the field of data science and analytics. The club continues to grow and plans to further build from its success in the past year. The club is always looking for new members who are either passionate about problem solving and data driven decision making or are willing to learn and explore more about this industry.