The MBAA People & Culture Committee aims to foster cultural integration among international and domestic students and encourage diversity and inclusion in the MBA program.
The People & Culture Committee shall have two (or three) Co-Chairs, appointed by the MBAA VP International on a one-year term. The VP International shall try to ensure the Committee Executive Team is adequately diverse. The Co-Chairs must be appointed after the MBA Association elections to ensure smooth transitioning. The committee shall be comprised of at least two full-time or part-time voting members of the MBA student body who are not graduating in the year. The VP International shall act as the MBAA Executive member representative reporting directly to the MBAA President.
The People & Culture Committee is accountable to the MBAA VP International to fulfil its mandate. It is accountable to the MBA student body to ensure the seamless planning and execution of the cultural events throughout the Fall and Winter semesters. It will also collaborate with other student groups for other events.
The full Committee shall meet at least once a month. The Committee will arrange additional meetings as required to fulfill responsibilities.
- Select Committee members for the People & Culture Committee
- Liaison with the MBAA, MBA Faculty Office, and External Stakeholders related to the committee events.
- Chair committee meetings
- Create a vision for the People & Culture events
- Organize cultural events to include Part-Time, Fast-Track, and Full-Time students
- Resolve conflicts with stakeholders
- Interview and select committee members
- Delegate tasks to the committee members
- Must submit monthly committee update report to VP International and Governance committee via email.
- Must have prior event planning experience
- Must complete Event Organizer Training
- Must be well organized and communicate well with others
- Able to deal with conflicts
- Must be able to create a vision for the People & Culture events
- Must be flexible and available to all stakeholders
- Must hold meetings as required to plan People & Culture Events
- Collaborate with other Committees to promote events
- Be aware of the organizational structure of the MBAA
COMMITTEE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to volunteer their time during the events
- Must be able to attend the People & Culture Committee meetings
- Be aware of the organizational structure of the MBA Association
- Must be able to perform tasks as required by the Co-chairs
- Must be willing to show initiative and lead execution of Cultural Events
- Adewunmi Adekanmbi
- Connor Pylypa
- Mohammed Siddique
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org