The purpose of the MBAA Volunteer Committee is to liaise with community organizations to provide meaningful group volunteer opportunities to MBA students and staff.
The Volunteer Committee shall have two Chair, appointed by the VP International on a one-year term. The Chairs will manage Volunteer Committee to organize community involvement initiatives.
The Co-Chairs must be appointed after the MBA Association elections to provide smooth transitioning. The committee shall be comprised of at least two full or part time voting members of the MBA student body who are not graduating in the year. The VP International shall act as the MBAA Executive member representative reporting directly to the MBAA President.
The Volunteer Committee is accountable to the MBAA VP International to fulfil its mandate. It is accountable to the MBA student body for organizing volunteer events.
The full Committee shall meet at least twice per semester. The Committee will arrange additional meetings as required to fulfill responsibilities.
- Select Committee members for the Volunteer Committee
- Liaison with the MBAA, MBA Faculty Office, and External Stakeholders related to the committee operations and events.
- Chair committee meetings
- Create a vision for the Volunteer Committee events
- Organize volunteer events to include Part-Time, Fast-Track, and Full-Time students
- Resolve conflicts with stakeholders
- Interview and select committee members
- Delegate tasks to the committee members
- Must submit monthly committee update report to VP International and Governance committee via email.
- Must have prior event planning experience
- Must complete Event Organizer Training
- Must be well organized and communicate well with others
- Able to deal with conflicts
- Must be able to create a vision for the Volunteer Committee events
- Must be flexible and available to all stakeholders
- Must hold meetings as required to plan Volunteer Committee Events
- Collaborate with other Committees to promote events
- Be aware of the organizational structure of the MBAA
COMMITTEE MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to volunteer their time during the events
- Must be able to attend the Volunteer Committee meetings
- Be aware of the organizational structure of the MBA Association
- Must be able to perform tasks as required by the Co-chairs
- Must be willing to show initiative and lead organization of volunteer Events
- Bernardo Dreher
- Prathyusha RVNL
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org