The MBA Finance association aims to increase financial awareness in the MBA community by providing a platform to exchange ideas and to network with alumni and business leaders in Finance.
- To connect finance interested students with industry professionals and alumni.
- To further increase students’ knowledge of finance through out-of-class experiences.
- To promote networking between association members to facilitate studying, form case competition teams and participate in other activities.
- To provide more info about the finance specialization, certifications and career paths.
- To promote financial literacy amongst MBA students.
CHAIR AND MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the MBA Finance Association and develops the annual strategy
- Conceptualize the MBA Finance Association events throughout the academic year
- Represents the MBA Finance Association at the MBA Association
- Budgeting and managing the MBA Finance Association funds
VP – Governance and event planning
- Prepare governance reporting to the MBA Association
- Make Bearsden application
- Handle event logistics, including but not limited to bookings, catering, online registrations, etc…
- Expense reporting and reimbursements
- Attend meetings.
VP – Sponsorship, public relations, and communication
- Represent the MBA Finance Association outside of the Alberta School of Business
- Develop sponsorship support
- Build relationship and make necessary arrangements for guest speakers
- Liaise with the MBA Association communication team
- Monitor the club’s Facebook page
- Attend meetings
SELECTION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Members and Chair
- Members should be current students of the MBA program (Full time, Part time or Fast track) either within the Finance specialization, or have a strong interest in the Finance discipline.
- Members should have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be willing to work to establish/maintain relationships with finance/business community.
- Members will be selected by the Finance Committee Chair.
- Great people skills and a pleasant personality to work cohesively with team members, the MBAA, and external organizations.
- Ability to devote extra time and take on initiatives for extra responsibilities w.r.t planning MFA events
- The committee will meet once a month on average and according to the committee needs.
- Meetings will be conducted at a place determined between the chair and members.
- The chair is responsible for the agenda of the meetings.
- Meetings will be conducted on a formal basis and minutes shall be recorded.