The Business Leaders Forum Committee exists to provide MBA students (full time and part time) with an opportunity to gain knowledge from senior business leaders. The Committee achieves its purpose by managing events and facilitating interaction between business leaders and MBA students.
The Business Leaders Forum Committee can have up to two Chairs, appointed by the VP External for one year term. The Committee Chair(s) manage Committee’s primary functions. In addition to the Chair(s), the Committee should be comprised of at least two full or part-time voting members of the MBA student body.
The Business Leaders Forum Committee is accountable to the VP External for fulfilling its mandate. It is also accountable to the Director, Alumni and Corporate Relations.
The full Business Leaders Forum Committee meets at least once every month. Additionally, the Committee meets according to the schedule of events. The date of the event is notified by Director, Alumni and Corporate Relations. Generally, one event is organised per month.
BUSINESS LEADERS FORUM COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the success of events organised under Business Leaders Forum
- Mentor the committee members to successfully implements their responsibilities
- Undertake committee’s responsibilities on need basis
- Collaborate with the School of Business Dean’s office to bring in relevant guest speakers from various industries
- Organize the MBA forums including logistics such as venue booking, equipment setup, food orders, etc.
- Promote the events in various forums to ensure decent attendance of students at the events
- Act as emcee at forums
- Collaborate with the MBA students through feedback surveys that help in assessing needs and preferences of students regarding the frequency of events, speaker’s industry, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR BUSINESS LEADERS FORUM
- Full time or part time or fast-tack student enrolled in MBA program
- Interest to work with MBA office and MBAA
- Effective time management skills and ability to take initiative as well as responsibility
- Good at working in teams
- Stanley Nnoromele
- Haranjan Singh