At Camp fYrefly we have 5 guiding principles that inform the development and delivery of programming:
- Creating a socially just and inclusive community;
- Building resiliency and youth leadership capacity;
- Empowering youth to address bullying, harassment, hate crimes, and knowing their rights;
- Learning through art, music, writing, performing arts, and games;
- Self and social development.
If you would like to read more about our guiding principles check out the full document here.
What Does Camp Look Like?
Depending on which location you apply to or attend, Camp spans four or five days where campers, and youth leaders, and adult volunteers stay on-site as you would at any overnight summer camp. Accommodations vary depending on location, but usually involve dormitory style rooms, and always have healthy meals provided. We are able to accommodate a variety of dietary restrictions, including dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and others. A variety of arts-based leadership workshops take place during camp, along with field trips, a talent showcase, group activities and free time. You can take a look at a sample of the Daily Camp Schedule, or examples of Workshops, from our 2011 Camp program.