Registration Opens February 1st, 2018.
Faculty of Science Summer Camps are now closed for 2018. Please see our 2018 schedule below. Also, sign up for our 2018 mailing list to be notified when camps open.
2018 Mailing List
2018 Nature Camps
Nature Minis (Going into Grades 1-2) (Half-Day Afternoon) - Discover the world around you in this fun introductory nature camp. Learn about animals, plants, rocks, bugs, fossils, and more. Visit cool museums, and explore the outdoors with activities.
*Can be combined with Chemistry or Inventor Minis
Nature Juniors (Going into Grades 3-4) - Love nature? Learn about biology and earth science topics like insects, animals, plants, rocks, and minerals. Explore campus, observe science in the river valley, and visit our museums and collections while learning about a variety of nature-focused science topics.
CHANGE Adventure and Nature Explorers Combo Camp (Grades 5-6) (Full-Day Combo Camp) *New*
- In partnership with CHANGE Adventure Camp, the Faculty of Science is offering a full-day combination camp for grades 5-6. For half the day, learn about nature science on campus with our science camp leaders by visiting museums and labs and by participating in hands-on science activities. During the other half of the time, experience outdoor play, activities that focus on interaction with nature, and the development of new knowledge and skills with CHANGE Adventure camp leaders.
Nature Explorers (Going into Grades 5-6) *New* - Dive deeper into the world of nature science. Visit museums and collections focused on aquatics, animals, paleontology, earth science, and more. Participate in hands-on experiments and games inside and outside.
Nature Challengers (Going into Grades 7-8) *New* - Look at nature under the microscope. In this camp, you with collect and view specimens while exploring a variety of biological science topics. Visit museums and collections focused on researching the natural world.
Need to Know
- For more camps and details on our policies and camp information visit our website.
- All camps are led by University of Alberta science and education students who are eager to share their passion for science with Alberta’s next generation of scientists.
- All camps are designed for campers entering the following grades in their next school year.
- With our diverse range of camps, there is something for everyone. No experience required!