|• Extreme mood swings, aggression, or other disruptive behaviour
• Significant depressive state or devoid of emotion
• Extreme emotional distress or high levels of anxiety and worry
• Bullying or harassment
• Dominating classroom discussion
• Hostile or sarcastic remarks
• Significant problems with roommate, partner, friend, and/or family
• Disclosure of self harm, disordered eating, substance abuse, current or prior sexual assault an/or partner/family violence
• Serious academic concerns (e.g. significant drop in attendance and grades)
• Serious/prolonged illness or injury
• Lack of food, shelter, and/or financial means
|• Listen to the individual and use the "Quick Referral Guide" to help get the individual to appropriate support services.
• Contact the Helping Individuals At Risk office at 780-492-4372 to note concern, establish a follow up plan, and discuss further support for the individual.