- Give online by visiting the CIUS Donor page, choosing a project of your choice, and following further instructions on the site.
- Call (780) 492-6847
- E-mail email@example.com to inquire about other ways to donate.
- Send a cheque payable to “University of Alberta / CIUS,” indicating the name of the fund (program, project) to which you are donating on the memo line.
- Enroll in a deduction program (via your credit card or chequing account).
- Leave a bequest in your will.
- Transfer part of your stock portfolio.
- Donate property.
- Donate your life insurance.
- Tax Benefits
Donations from both
Canada and the United States are eligible for tax deductions. Tax receipts are
usually issued within one month. To obtain a tax receipt, donors from the
United States should write cheques to:
University of Alberta Foundation USA, Inc.
c/o Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C.
Attn: Christine McGahan
21st Floor IBM Plaza
330 North Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611-3607
CIUS or a specific fund/project on the memo line.
*Tax receipts for American donors can be issued ONLY for donations made by
cheque or wire transfer of cash or securities.
**Donations by credit card are NOT accepted.
Also, if you are
70.5 years old or more, you can donate up to $100,000 a year directly from your
Individual Retirement Account in the United States to the University of Alberta
and receive the equivalent of a 100 percent income tax charitable contribution